Sunday, February 12, 2012

All You Want's One More Saturday

I had the weekend off. It always seems to go too fast, but I had a great time. 
Saturday I got to sleep in. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I have had a poor sleep schedule lately, so to finally feel well-rested was absolutely wonderful!
I dropped Ben off to work at the comic shop, and I spent the day with my mom and my little brother reminiscing and eating too much candy. 
After work, Ben picked me up to go on our Valentine's Date. We went to the Smith Opera House to watch the Academy Award Nominated Short Films. This is one of the things I most look forward to every year. I love them so much. They are usually either terribly heart-breaking, or wonderfully heart-warming, but either way they are beautiful and profound. 
The theatre is one of my favorites. It's so beautiful. It has unique fixtures and architectural detail. The best part is when the lights go down - if you look up there are little lights that shine through the ceiling that look like stars. There are also sunrises painted on either side of the theatre, so that when the lights go up it looks like the sun is rising. It's magical. 
My favorite live action this year was called Tuba Atlantic, and my favorite animated short was The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. They are absolutely worth checking out. All of them were excellent though. We listened to This American Life on the way home and watched the snow fall. 
Today we spent the day doing things for our band The Wallpaper. We made a music video in our attic studio, took an intentional band photo, and played a set and had an interview on WITR radio! It was a busy, fun, productive day for us.
This weekend was full of good people, special events, and junk food! It was a wonderful way to spend my weekend off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment