Friday, June 15, 2012

Things Found on the Side of the Road Vol.1

Lately, Ben and I have been really lucky finding neat things on the side of the road.
Okay, these two weren't technically on the side of the road, but they were at a yard sale we decided to stop at on our way home from grocery shopping. 
How cool is that ship in a lightbulb?!
Also we finally got to try out my black and white polaroid film from Christmas with this camera. 
Ben found both of these.
One of my new favorite lamps! This one was across the street from our house waiting for us. Plus, it works! I just need to figure out what kind of shade will work for it, and how to get our cat to stop going after the pull string.
These were taken on the same day we found the lamp. I was on my way home from work and the fog and clouds were too pretty to drive by without stopping and taking some photos. So glad I did.
Funny story about this chair - it's been on the side of the road twice. We missed it the first time. Ben took a photo of it and showed me, by time I decided I wanted it someone else got it first. Not only that, but they kept it on their porch! So I missed out and I had to see it every time I walked down our street. Plus, we found out it's the same chair that the dad sits in on The Wonder Years! 
Luckily these neighbors are moving, and the other day, there it was on the side of the road again. I snatched it up without giving it a second thought. It's a little big for the space it currently occupies, but I love it.
Ben found this suitcase on the side of the road and brought it home without a use for it. I suggested we use it for craft supplies, since they were in various places and storage containers throughout the house.
Now everything is in one pretty suitcase.

This month, the side of the road has been extra kind to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment